Picture by Bronques
You can find Volume 21 of the I Can’t Mix series right about here. Setlist and comments:
- Inner City – Big Fun (Simian Mobile Disco Remix): I was checking out some fresh tracks I got, and while this one was playing, I decided to record a mixtape. Nice remix of this big 80’s hit.
- Yelle – Ce Jeu (3 Is A Crowd Remix): some tecktronic sound. Remix adds some “live” feelings to the original. Badly mixed though, but hey, who cares!
- Azzido Da Bass – Dooms Night (Crookers Bum Remix): sing along -> bum bum bum bum.
- Boys Noize – & Down (Siriusmo vs Boys Noize Remix): nice remix. The original ain’t bad either.
- Leonard de Leonard – Elephantizer (Facteur Remix): goes on with the rough electro-house-rock-justice sound. Banger!
- Azzido Da Bass – Dooms Night (Switch Remix): Switch kept more the original sound than the Crookers did. Nice sound.
- Snoop Dogg – Sexual Eruption (Dirty South Remix): Aussie Dirty South still got it. 2007 brought some fine and rough Dirty South remixes, 2008 will be his mainstream break-through.
- Hostage – Big Wheeze: this dude is a master in producing and remixing contemporary tracks. Has some little 80’s sound in it.
- Stevie V – Dirty Cash (Money Talks) (Dime & Dollar Remix): again some remix of a long forgotten 80’s hit.
- Madonna – Ain’t No Big Deal: this is the B-side of Papa Don’t Preach. Imagine it being 4 o’clock in the morning, dancefloor a little less crowded, and cute girls dancing to this song.
- D-Nox & Beckers – Jet Lag Slave: a nice melodious and banging electro-groove.
- Robyn – With Every Heartbeat (Hugg & Pepp Remix): lots of bass and the vocals of Robyn, what do we want more? Hugg & Pepp are the alter ego of John & Jesper Dahlback. Scandinivia rules.
- Dubfire – Roadkill: half of Deep Dish, released a remix of Plastikman’s Spastik anthem somewhere in the last few months, plenty of bass, I call it “heavy minimal”.
- Das Pop – Fool For Love (SebastiAn Remix): easy going remix, nice vocals & simple lyrics, Ed Banger’s beats.
- The Shoes – America (Brodinski Remix): nice remix by Brodinski, sing-along break. If you ever have the possibility to attend a Brodinski DJ set, by all means, go see and hear him! Looks like he’s got too much Duracell batteries😉.
- Thomas Andersson – Washing Up (Shinichi Osawa Re-Constract): Shinichi Osawa also remixed Soulwax some years ago. His remixes are quite subtle, but this one might have gotten a little bit too much cut & paste parts. I chose this one in memory of the Tiga remix.